A: As a DNA independent contractor, please consider all fees you are required to pay an investment in your career development.
Here at Digital Natives LLC, our preference would be to cover all certification costs for prospective agents. However, through experience, we have found that agents who have some “skin in the game” are more serious about work and committed to their own success. “Tire-kickers” will not do well working with our clients or Digital Natives LLC.
Those DNAs who complete certification training and work their SOW (contracts) for the specified time are rewarded for their hard work and dedication!
To give you additional assurances, Digital Natives LLC has been registered with the state of South Carolina and the IRS since 2011 and the state of Hawaii since 2016. We have also been an Arise partner since 2011. Many small businesses (including IBOs) fold within the first year. Our track record and continued growth should give anyone confidence that we are not a fly-by-night organization!
A: Most of our client needs fall into 3 areas:
- Customer Service – at least 6 months
- Sales – inbound calls
- Technical Support
Volunteer experience will be counted as work experience. Your client choice should be based on your work experience.
As a DNA you will be operating as part of a Virtual Call Center. Therefore, you will need:
- A quiet, closed office space
- Many of our clients allow use of VoIP phone service (i.e. Vonage, Xfinity, etc). A few clients still require a dedicated, analog phone line (i.e. AT&T) with no features such as call waiting, caller ID, voicemail, etc. You cannot use phone service such as Skype, MagicJack, or a cell phone.
- Secure high speed internet connection such as DSL or cable. You cannot use dial-up, wireless, or satellite connections to service your clients.
- A dedicated computer for servicing your client. A laptop can be used (unless your chosen client specifies otherwise) as long as it is not on a wireless connection. It must be hard-wired to an ethernet connection. Click here for more detailed information on Arise’s workstation requirements.
- A good quality VOIP headset to be used for training. (example: Plantronics Audio 628 Stereo USB Headset)
- A good quality corded headset telephone to be used to service your client. (example: Plantronics T10 Corded Headset Phone)
- Your choice of office furniture
To qualify for computer support, your computer must be used exclusively for work. It can not be a “shared” family computer. You must be willing and able to allow remote access to your computer. Support is only available for your Arise client related issues.
To qualify for full certification fee reimbursement, virtual business cards with website, and new business coaching you must have serviced your client for eight consecutive pay periods (4 months).
Yes. As a DNA you are an independent contractor and are free to work another job or seek other opportunities. You are only required to meet the minimum required hours you agreed to in your client’s contract.
We will even assist you with finding other opportunities when you have a client that has slow “non-peak” schedules! Announcements about other opportunities available outside of Arise will be sent out via our social media channels. New for 2022 you can search for remote and onsite work across the country via our job board at no charge: DNA Remote Work!
A: You choose the service(s) based on the needs of your business. To name a few, they include:
- Website Design
- Website Hosting
- Lead Generation
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing
- Business Incorporation
- Business Plan
- Online Training
- You are responsible for tracking and submitting hours worked to Digital Natives LLC. After comparing hours to reports submitted by Arise, you are paid the industry standard of every 2-weeks.
- New for 2022, after your first 30 days, you are eligible to choose the options of daily or weekly pay!
- You have the options of direct deposit, PayPal, CashApp, or paper check to receive payment.
- You receive 100% of any bonuses you are eligible for from your chosen client.
- You are paid referral bonuses for helping recruit new talent who sign on under Digital Natives LLC
- 1099 forms start going out two weeks after the end of the calendar year for your tax records.
You can expect to pay the following:
- Certification fees for training. Varies depending on chosen client but reimbursed by Digital Natives LLC after qualifying
- All agents are charged “per seat” for the ability to access Arise and Clients’ platforms. This fee varies and decreases over time.
- Taxes and expenses associated with running your home business